Wednesday, October 5, 2016

BANGKOK OVER LONDON

I remember my 4 day trip to Bangkok and was very glad that I pushed through that Bangkok travel plans last summer.  It’s good to see with my own eyes that the real situation in Bangkok appears to be not as bad as the one portrayed by the media. In fact, I did not see any army and protesters through out my stay. I felt very safe and even rode a taxi at 10 pm alone. Having been to Bangkok three times, I did not feel any difference except that Suvarnabhumi Airport was rather empty compared to my Bangkok trips years back. 




The Thai capital of Bangkok has beaten London to be crowned the world's most popular travel destination this year, according to an annual ranking by global payments and technology company Mastercard released on Thursday.

Thailand expects to welcome a record 33 million visitors this year, thanks to a jump in the number of Chinese tourists.
Sprawling Bangkok is projected to receive 21.47 million international visitors in 2016, just ahead of second-ranked London, with 19.88 million visitors.

Last month's wave of bomb blasts in southern Thailand, which police have blamed on Muslim separatists, appears to have had a limited impact on tourism.

Bangkok, also known as the 'city of angels', topped the 2016 listing of 132 cities, beating London, Paris and Dubai to become the city most visited by international travellers in the Mastercard Index of Global Destination Cities.

Source *cnn.com



Follow my social media accounts: for updates : 

Twitter - https://twitter.com/emjay0118
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/emjay18_official

No comments:

Post a Comment