Sunday, October 16, 2016

PH bet Jennifer Hammond gears up for Miss Intercontinental 2016



Binibining Pilipinas Intercontinental 2016 Jennifer Hammond says there is definitely pressure for her to perform at this year's Miss Intercontinental contest in Colombo, Sri Lanka. She has to maintain or surpass the successful streak by former queens Kris Janson, who placed 2nd runner-up in 2014, and Christi Lynn McGarry, who placed 1st runner-up in 2015.

Live Streaming on Youtube here:


In an interview with Rappler.com she responded :

"Kailangan ko ma-maintain iyon or 'yung progress na iyon. So the only way to progress is to win the title. After first runner-up, we have to win. So doon ako mas pressured," she told reporters during the send-off party for her and fellow beauty queens Kylie Verzosa and Nicole Cordoves last September 28.(I need to maintain that, or that progress. So the only way to progress is to win the title. After first runner-up, we have to win. So that's where I'm more pressured.)


As for her fears about the contest, Jennifer said: "Sa lahat naman ng beauty pageant, there’s politics and I heard from some, off the grapevine, na medyo may politics. So ang fear ko lang is I don’t get the chance to compete with all of them equally and cleanly, parang ganun. Kasi I know naman that alam ko sa sarili ko na I'm prepared, and if I do what I would have to do, I'll do well. "

(In all beauty pageants, there's politics and I heard from some, off the grapevine, that there is a bit of politics. So my fear is I don't get to compete with all of equally, and cleanly, like that. Because I know that I'm prepared, and I do what I would have to, I'll do well.)
But despite these issues, Jennifer is focused on getting the much coveted Miss Intercontinental crown for the country. Before leaving for Sri Lanka, Jennifer went through a lot of training for walking, the question and answer round, and doing her own makeup.

As for representing the Philippines, Jennifer said that she will just be herself when she competes with the other candidates.

"I think I'm an epitome of isang Filipina. Dahil lumaki naman ako dito, at yung mga values natin ay meron ako nun. So I will just show them who I am pero yung polished me. I would treat them with respect and be friendly with them as we are known to be really friendly people," she said in a mixture of English and Filipino.

ALL THE BEST TONIGHT FOR YOUR JENNIFER!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment